ASEAN, with the support of the Government of Japan through the Japan-ASEAN Integration Fund (JAIF), is commissioning a set of toolkit for the promotion of sustainable consumption in the region. The toolkit will be covering five (5) modules in the form of training manuals and multimedia presentations such as Power Point slides and audio-visual materials, among others. These modules include the following:
- Understanding the concepts and principles of sustainable consumption;
- Best practices and approaches to policies that promote sustainable consumption;
- Tools and instruments used in influencing consumer behavior, communication/ information provision tools such as product information through labelling and certification, economic instruments such as incentives, and regulatory instruments;
- Use of appropriate instruments and tools in selected areas such as food sector, energy, and consumer electronics; and
- Development of a set of advocacy materials such as Power Point slides, infographics, and audio-visual presentations, among others, to be used by officials to promote sustainable consumption among consumers.
The Toolkit will enable and enhance the capacity of consumer protection authorities in ASEAN to promote sustainable consumption to business, consumers, and other relevant stakeholders with information on behavioral, communications, regulatory, and economic tools.
For more information please click here